Service that shows I care
I create an exceptional experience by putting the needs of others first. I interact with all individuals in a warm and caring manner.
How do I do this?
I am approachable
- I am warm, empathetic and inviting in my behavior
- I greet people with a smile whenever I can
- I make eye contact and position myself at the level of the patient, visitor, or team member (such as sitting a chair next to a patient's bedside)
- I project a positive image and energy
I make others feel taken care of
- I approach others who look confused or lost and offer assistance
- I introduce myself and ask how I can provide caring service
- I give my full attention to people and do not allow interruptions or distractions to interfere with patient care
- I look interested and friendly when others are speaking to me
- I look for ways to make others feel special
I end interactions in a caring way
- “Thank you for choosing VCU Health.”
- “It is my pleasure to serve you today.”
- "Thank you for providing that feedback."
- "Did I address your question or concern to satisfaction?"
- "Is there anything else that I can help you with?"
- "I hope we were able to meet your needs and provide exceptional care."
- “I will be thinking of you and your loved one."