I show respect to each individual and celebrate the diversity of our community. I remember that my purpose is to serve each individual in a caring way.
How do I do this?
I am respectful of individual needs and privacy
- I give people my full attention when interacting with them
- I am respectful of others' cultural preferences and needs
- I never discuss a patient in a public space such as elevators, waiting area, food service area, hallways, etc.
- I follow protocols and maintain HIPAA compliance
I foster positive work relationships
- I use positive language and never blame or gossip about others
- I do not complain or speak ill of others at work or in public spaces
- I openly express gratitude and congratulations towards my team members
I care for myself so that I may care for others
- I make time for yoga, exercise and other activities that restore me
- I stay home when I'm ill to rest and get well
- I maintain a healthy work-life balance